Thursday, July 17, 2008

What was is not

I had thought about doing a daily reflection on some aspect, some thought, some theology, of being ordained to the priesthood of the Episcopal Church in the United States. I had intended to tie it to the 15th year of the Right Reverend James Jelinek's episcopate as the 8th Bishop of the Diocese of Minnesota in some mystical manner. Instead, life happened, my own lack of consistency, my lack of commitment and the important stuff of being somebody and blogging slipped into the fog of these realities and myths.

Now what will emerge will be a blog of my inconsistent tirades regarding Native Mission Ministry. What does this mean? This is the churchy, pseudo-theological, mission defining, ministry refining blog. This is where I will try to stay broad, institutional church focused in the narrow and broad sense of the definition.

I do have second blog that talks about the actual Native Mission I serve as vicar called Bishop Whipple Vicar. This is a place based blog about the doings, the activities, the realities of a 21st century native Episcopal Church mission located in a small Dakota community in Southwestern Minnesota.

A third, inconsistently posted blog called dakotarez is where I rant, pontificate, and generally complain about Native academics, politics, and culture. This is a blog that I started before blogging exploded so it is a sad statement on opportunity missed and my own laziness to adopt and adept technology for my use.

Now that I have internet access at the coffeehouse where I hangout, I may try to develop into a blogger after all these years.

Thanks for the patience.

No comments: